Last Updated: 06/10/2015
Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information. We collect and store certain personally identifiable information about you (i.e., information which may identify you in some way; such as your age, name, address, telephone number, email address, screen name and/or financial information) ("PII") through a Site only when you voluntarily submit it. We may request that you submit PII in certain instances, such as when you use a customer order form to purchase products and services offered by us, submit comments or questions, request information, participate in a promotion, contest or sweepstakes or utilize other features or functions of a Site. Ferrero will not collect PII from your visits to our Sites unless you provide it to us voluntarily, except for some items of personal data collected by information systems and programs used for the operation of the website, transmission of which is inherent in the use of Internet communication protocols (e.g. IP addresses) and will not require you to provide more information than is necessary to participate in the activities on our Sites. If you opt not to provide us with personally identifiable information you can still access our website, however you will be unable to participate in certain promotions, create login credentials in order to use certain functionalities on the site, activate or use a service, have a purchase order fulfilled or receive product information.
Moreover, when you connect to a Site, there is certain PII (e.g. IP address, purchase preferences, profiling features) that may include identifiers that may permit us to serve tailored ads to your device, along with technical, non-personally identifiable information which does not identify any individual ("Non-PII", e.g. internet browser type) that may be collected and stored through the use of "cookie" technology. In addition, other parties such as advertising partners and analytics providers may collect information about your online activity over time and across the Sites, with your consent. This information assists us to update a Site so that it remains interesting to our visitors and contains content that is tailored to visitors' interests. You may set your computer browser to disable cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you disable cookies, we may be unable to optimize your visit to a Site and certain features on the Site may not be available.
- To respond to your questions and comments; to provide you with access to certain areas and features on a Site; and to communicate with you about your activities on a Site.
- To fulfill your requests.
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the rules or policies of a Site, or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
- To the extent that you provide us with financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with shopping or commercial services offered on a Site, we may use the financial information that you provide to fulfill your order.
- To help us develop, deliver and improve our products, services, content and advertising with your consent.
- To share with our parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and promotional partners involved in creating, producing, delivering, or maintaining a Site, as required to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the Site (such as administration of the Site, administration of promotions or other features on the Site, marketing, data analysis, and customer services).In order to share such information, it may be necessary for us to transmit your PII outside the jurisdiction set forth below and you agree to this transfer. Further use or disclosure of PII by these parties for other purposes is not permitted.
- To share with third party service providers whom we employ to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the Site (such functions may include, but are not limited to, order fulfillment, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data and providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service). These third party service providers, acting as Ferrero's data processors, have access to PII that is needed to perform their functions, and may collect or store PII as part of their performance of these functions, but are not authorized to use it for other purposes.
- For our internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services and customer communications.
- For other purposes as disclosed when your PII is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to a particular feature of a Site.
- For disclosures required by law, regulation, or court order.
- For the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings or necessary for establishing, defending, or exercising legal rights.
Except as provided for herein, we will not provide any of your PII to any third parties without your specific consent.
Marketing purposes. You may choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from us, and you may change your privacy preferences at any time by giving us written notice. If you choose not to receive any promotional communications from us, we will not send you purely promotional messages and will not share your personal information with other companies. We may still contact you for administrative purposes, such as confirming a purchase order or request further requests you've made.
Online Behavioral Advertising (profiling). On some pages of our Sites we may use and/or allow third-party advertising partners to collect (ever through web tracking tools like cookies) identifiable information regarding your activities on those pages. This information is collected only upon your specific prior consent and for purposes of delivering future targeted advertisements to you when you visit other Sites.
Managing Your Personal Information. You have the ultimate control over the PII that we collect and use. You can always chose not to provide certain PII, but please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by a Site unless you provide us with your PII (e.g., we will not be able to fulfill your purchase order without certain PII). If you wish to verify, update, cancel or correct any of your PII collected through a Site, contact us by using our online form available here.
Links to Other Sites. A Site may contain links to other websites that are not owned, operated, or maintained by Ferrero. When you leave a Site you should note and read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each and every website that you visit. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it is one of our Sites (including those linked to through an email). Despite any links that might exist on a Site, unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not control, recommend, or endorse and are not affiliated with these websites or their content, products, services, or privacy policies. Downloading material from certain websites may risk infringing intellectual property rights or introducing viruses into your computer system.
Sharing of information
Ferrero's Sites do not share, sell, or rent personally identifiable information with independent companies for their own use without providing you a choice.
Personally identifiable information that you provide to us in the course of using our site features or requesting a product or service through this website may be gathered and stored in one or more of our corporate databases. We may share – with your prior consent when so requested by the applicable law - personally identifiable information that we collect about you with other companies within the Ferrero family of companies or subsidiaries. Our "family of companies" is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership. We share information within this "family" as a normal part of conducting business and offering products and services to our customers.
This Site may share personally identifiable information with subcontractors (e.g. cloud service providers). Subcontractors are restricted from using this data in any other way other than to provide these services to Ferrero and they may not share or resell this data.
Site metrics for this site may be shared with other Ferrero websites or subsidiaries or affiliates. The information shared will be aggregate data and will not include any of your personally identifiable information.
This site will disclose your personally identifiable information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Ferrero; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Ferrero and this site; or, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Ferrero, its web sites, or the public.
Protection of Children's Privacy. Ferrero takes the protection of children's privacy seriously. We operate the Sites in compliance with all applicable laws in the jurisdiction set forth below. We do not collect PII from any person under the legal age or, where permitted by the applicable law, under the age of thirteen (13).Children under thirteen (13) years of age should have a parent/ guardian's consent before providing any personal information to a Site. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without his/her parent/guardian's consent. Without such consent, though, the child may not be able to participate in certain activities. A parent/guardian can review, remove, change, or refuse further collection or use of their child's personal information by contacting us using one of the options listed in the section entitled "Managing Your Personal Information" (please provide child's name, address, and e-mail address).
Security Practices; Retention. The security of your PII is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or information stored on a Site or our servers will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties, such as hackers. Your use of a Site demonstrates your assumption of this risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damages (including, but not limited to, any and all direct, special, indirect, consequential, or punitive loss or other damages of any kind, whether in contract (including fundamental breach), tort (including negligence), or otherwise) that you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorized access, misuse, or alteration of any information you submit to a Site. We retain information that we collect as long as it is necessary and relevant for the purposes of collection unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Transfer of Assets. During the course of our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires Ferrero or all or substantially all of our assets, PII and Non-PII that we have collected about the users of the Sites may be transferred to such entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
© Ferrero 2015. All rights reserved.